Fine Art/value/authenticity of painting

Question
i have a painting by Maurice Utrillo that is roughly 2'x3' and i believe that it has his signature in red (although im not sure as my friend has it at the moment), and if there is any way of authenticating it  

Answer
Dear Josh, Utrillo was one of the most reproduced, copied, and faked artist of the 20th century. It is extremely unlikely that what you have is an authentic painting by the artist. You can buy an "Utrillo" in nearly any resale shop. If you still want an opinion please follow the instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes