Fine Art/value of , or identification of artist

Question
I recently purchase an old picture It seems to be an original print of some type ,it is all in blue and white  after taking it apart to clean the glass I found under the picture  in bigger letters Canal in Holland  below that in smaller letters the words decoration for a placque in the delft style , also below this the words colored supplement to the art interchange New York  then on the back of this very old print the mane Ms Van Hatten 144 west in pencil all of the components print backing and frame and glass appear to all be about the same age. the original wood back has split and the dark line across the back of this print  appears to coincide with this line  indicating that this is the original frame and backing  this print  put in ,there is also  an early original label for a framing place called the  music and art rooms in utica NY  .This print is about 12x15  I am guessing as it is back in the frame at this writing  the  matting around this  print is also blue it has been painted blue by hand it is not blue paper. the blue in this print is a rather inky color, The entire print seems  to be very well done, and is in good condition however it appears early on that it was glued before framing   fiber type board. Does this have any value and do you have any ideas who the artist may be It almost looks as if the artist put a initial in the lower rt corner unsure if this is an initial or part of the painting .

Answer
Patricia--your finding letters under the picture suggests that it is an offset lithograph print--in other words, a reproduction.  That would make its value minimal, except for the aesthetic pleasure it gives you, which has always been enough for me.  No way for me to identify the artist.  Enjoy it!  Alan Klevit

NOTE:  Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, is now available at www.booklocker.com and amazon.com.  Check it out.

Alan Klevit