Fine Art/value of an original painting

I found, what I'm sure is, an original, signed, George Herbert McCord oil painting on canvas.  On the reverse is written "Autumn Twilight".  I believe that it's in the original frame (but can't be sure).

The demensions are 12"W X 16"H

Someone made a cut in the painting, in the shape of a capital "T" (approx 1 1/2" at the top of the "T" and approx. 1 3/4" - the stem of the "T").  I believe that the cutting was done because the painting was underneatn another piece of art and, someone", instead of taking the picture out of the frame, cut the canvas to see what was behind the framed picture, not knowing what he/she was cutting. The painting also has some very minor chipping.

Can anyone tell me anything about the value?

Dear Thunderwolf, I cannot appraise a painting I do not physically examine. I can give you a "ball-park" area of the value if you send me images. Attach jpg images to an email to me at An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature, and any inscriptions or labels would be best. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.