Fine Art/value of painting?

Question
 Hello, a few years ago I saved a painting from being thrown away as rubbish!  Recently when I was decorating I was tempted to throw it away as I don't know anything about paintings!  However out of interest I typed the name of the artist into the internet and was surprised to see that I recognised a painting by this artist!  The name on this oil painting is Tretchiko and it's dated 1942, I believe this is the artist who painted the girl with the blue face, and was interested in finding out the value of this painting, I am in no doubt that this is an original as it was a wealthy man who was throwing it away! Thank you for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
Dear Chris, I cannot appraise a painting that I do not examine personally. Your artist is Vladimir Tretchikoff (Rus.b.1913). His paintings have sold from $500 to $5,000. However, there is an increasing interest in Russian artist of this period. If you like you could send an email to an associate of mine who is more familiar with this area. Harold Rowe at haroldrowe@direcway.com
It would be most helpful if you could send him a jpg image of the front and back of the painting, the exact size, and any other information you might have. Tell him Dan Hynes suggest you email him.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes