Fine Art/value signed W H Trood print 1893

I have recently come into posession of a print by W H Trood, two dogs under a red umberlla which is mounted on card. I was wondering if it has any value as i have heard that the painting is worth quite a bit. I look forward to your reply thanx Donna Grant.

Dear Donna,

I hope you are doing well. The print you mention is titled “Wait Till the Clouds Roll By”. Since I cannot personally examine the print, I cannot tell you exactly what the medium is. If it is in color, it is most likely a lithograph. Troop did engravings as well as lithographs. I have seen some of his prints, retail for $100-500. There is a vast collector base for rare and original dog related prints so it would become a situation of the price being whatever someone is willing to pay for it. There are modern copies for sale on the internet for $50-60.

Condition is very important in vintage and antique prints and being mounted on card stock could adversely affect its value.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.