Fine Art/value signed W H Trood print 1893

Question
I have recently come into posession of a print by W H Trood, two dogs under a red umberlla which is mounted on card. I was wondering if it has any value as i have heard that the painting is worth quite a bit. I look forward to your reply thanx Donna Grant.

Answer
Dear Donna,

I hope you are doing well. The print you mention is titled “Wait Till the Clouds Roll By”. Since I cannot personally examine the print, I cannot tell you exactly what the medium is. If it is in color, it is most likely a lithograph. Troop did engravings as well as lithographs. I have seen some of his prints, retail for $100-500. There is a vast collector base for rare and original dog related prints so it would become a situation of the price being whatever someone is willing to pay for it. There are modern copies for sale on the internet for $50-60.

Condition is very important in vintage and antique prints and being mounted on card stock could adversely affect its value.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley