Fine Art/Why no value for vintage pochoir?

Question
Hi Alan: Today I learned a valuable lesson about art.  I thought I had found an original work: "The Italian Clown" by Raoul Dufy.  Art experts at Sotheby's and Doyle in New York City looked at the work and said I had a pochoir or silkscreen dating from the '20s, '30s, or '40s.  But when I asked for value, I was told: "Junkyard value."  How could this be?  It seems to me that using the pochoir method is a complicated procedure as opposed to a lithograph which is just a print.  Yet Dufy lithos have a high value while this convincingly real pochoir is alleged to have none.  I want to sell my pochoir on eBay but I have no idea of what to ask as a starting bid.  Can you offer me any help?  I'll appreciate it.  

Answer
Edward--"vintage" pochoir is not the operative term.  It is a reproduction of an original.  An original lithograph, ie, the stones created by Dufy, is just that:   an original.  The 'lithograph' you refer to as a print would be an offset lithograph, of no value.  I have no idea what the value of the pochoir would be, more than 'junkyard,' perhaps, but under $100.  Alan Klevit

check out Alan's latest book, Art Collecting 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit