Fine Art/w.hart del et lith

Question
hi i have a question i have 2 prints and i was wandering what the value of them are there made by, whart del et lith 1 print says (monachella muelleriana) & the other one says (moarcha melanonota sclater) thanks if you can help clarence....

Answer
Dear Clarence,

I hope you are doing well. From what you describe; I believe you have two lithographs from a 19th century book titled: The Birds of New Guinea and the Adjacent Papuan Islands. It was published in 5 volumes by John Gould and Richard Bowdler Sharpe in London between 1875-1888. Your lithos were done by William Matthew Hart, (1830-1908).  

I cannot tell you if you have original hand colored lithographs from the original printing, but you can probably take your prints to a local antique dealer with knowledge of prints or museum for assistance in identification. I have found pricing on originals from this fine set range from $500-1500. If original, the size of your prints should be approximately 15 x 22 inches.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley