Fine Art/w.o. geller

Question
I have a painting signed by a W.O. Geller they only person I can find on the internet was a engraver by that name. I have never been able to find a painting to verify the signature and to find out an approximate value for such a work.

Answer
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. There is an artist by the name of William Overend Geller, (English-London, 1790-1849); and I will assume this is your W.O. Geller.

I located one oil painting of his and it sold in 1993 at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers in Chicago. It was titled Christ at the Tomb, ca. 1847 and it sold for $850. Please note that this price information represents wholesale, (not retail or insurance replacement value), and is over 10 years old.

I cannot find images, but Hindman produces catalogs for their auctions and you may be able to get an image of the painting and his signature from them. Their web address is www.lesliehindman.com. I also found that The Bangor Public Library reportedly has one of his paintings.

Good luck with your painting. I hope this information has been helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley