Fine Art/w.o. geller

I have a painting signed by a W.O. Geller they only person I can find on the internet was a engraver by that name. I have never been able to find a painting to verify the signature and to find out an approximate value for such a work.

I hope you are doing well. There is an artist by the name of William Overend Geller, (English-London, 1790-1849); and I will assume this is your W.O. Geller.

I located one oil painting of his and it sold in 1993 at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers in Chicago. It was titled Christ at the Tomb, ca. 1847 and it sold for $850. Please note that this price information represents wholesale, (not retail or insurance replacement value), and is over 10 years old.

I cannot find images, but Hindman produces catalogs for their auctions and you may be able to get an image of the painting and his signature from them. Their web address is I also found that The Bangor Public Library reportedly has one of his paintings.

Good luck with your painting. I hope this information has been helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.