Fine Art/watercolor vs. print

I possibly have a watercolor by JM Sessions.  I read in one of your answers that very good prints were made of his watercolors.  I have looked at it very closely with a magnifying glass and am not clear as to what identifying marks I am looking for to distinguish between the two (watercolor vs. print).  Thank you for your help.

Dear Karen, The chance of you having a Sessions watercolor are about 1 out of 200,000. I cannot instruct you how to determine a Sessions watercolor from a reproduction, it is mostly experience of comparing the two. If it has a cheesey frame its a print. If it has a label from a major gallery of fine art (paintings not prints) chances are it is a watercolor.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.