Fine Art Restoration/painting by A. Torrielli

I have a  23"  x  48"  framed painting signed by A. Torrielli.  There is a metal plaque on the frame:  "Moonlight Fisherman's Village". Can you please tell me what this is made of, i.e., oil on canvas (?), and how to clean the painting?  It looks like an original because it has wavy lines on whatever the painting is on. And what do you know about it, the artist, how much is it worth, etc., I am very curious.  It was handed-down to me by a friend.  It's beautiful and I would like to clean it (and the frame of course) and hang it up!  Any info. you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

I'll need some well-lit and well-focused images of the front, back, and sides (if possible) of the painting out of the frame, in order to fully answer your questions.  I can answer the materials and conservation questions, but the appraisal question is best sent to a curator or appraiser since I don't deal with assessing monetary value.

Fine Art Restoration

Paul S. Storch

I'm happy to answer questions concerning the preservation and conservation of three-dimensional archaeological, ethnographic, historic, technological, and decorative arts objects. My materials expertise includes leather, wood, metals, and composite materials.

I have close to thirty years experience as a conservator at three different museums and in private practice. I currently work as a collections manager overseeing 40,000 historic objects at over 20 sites around the state, as well as having a private treatment and consultation practice in the Midwest.

American Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works Minnesota Association of Museums The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections Professional Picture Framers Association

Journal of the American Institute For Conservation Texas Archaeology University of Texas Conservation Notes Caring for American Indian Objects/Minnesota Historical Society Press The Interpreter/Minnesota Historical Society Journal of Field Archaeology

B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology; M.A. in Anthropology/Museum Studies with a concentration in Archaeological and Ethnographic Conservation.

Recognition certificate from the Institute of Museum Services