Fine Art Restoration/painting by A. Torrielli

Question
I have a  23"  x  48"  framed painting signed by A. Torrielli.  There is a metal plaque on the frame:  "Moonlight Fisherman's Village". Can you please tell me what this is made of, i.e., oil on canvas (?), and how to clean the painting?  It looks like an original because it has wavy lines on whatever the painting is on. And what do you know about it, the artist, how much is it worth, etc., I am very curious.  It was handed-down to me by a friend.  It's beautiful and I would like to clean it (and the frame of course) and hang it up!  Any info. you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Toni

Answer

I'll need some well-lit and well-focused images of the front, back, and sides (if possible) of the painting out of the frame, in order to fully answer your questions.  I can answer the materials and conservation questions, but the appraisal question is best sent to a curator or appraiser since I don't deal with assessing monetary value.

Thanks,
Paul

Fine Art Restoration

Paul S. Storch