Fine Art Restoration/reversed painting on glass

we have an old western advertisement which is a reverse painting on glass. It fell off the was and, of course, broke the glass. Is there anyone in the business of fusing the glass back and keeping as much of the painting together as possible.

Depending on how badly the glass is broken, and how much of the painting was affected, a conservator might be able to reconstruct it.  It would help if you have photos before the accident.

You can go to www_conservation-us_org and use the American Institute of Conservation's Find a Conservator referral system to find some one as close to you as possible.  There may be one or two conservators in Wyoming, but there are many more on the West Coast if you are willing to ship the fragments.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Fine Art Restoration

Paul S. Storch

I'm happy to answer questions concerning the preservation and conservation of three-dimensional archaeological, ethnographic, historic, technological, and decorative arts objects. My materials expertise includes leather, wood, metals, and composite materials.

I have close to thirty years experience as a conservator at three different museums and in private practice. I currently work as a collections manager overseeing 40,000 historic objects at over 20 sites around the state, as well as having a private treatment and consultation practice in the Midwest.

American Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works Minnesota Association of Museums The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections Professional Picture Framers Association

Journal of the American Institute For Conservation Texas Archaeology University of Texas Conservation Notes Caring for American Indian Objects/Minnesota Historical Society Press The Interpreter/Minnesota Historical Society Journal of Field Archaeology

B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology; M.A. in Anthropology/Museum Studies with a concentration in Archaeological and Ethnographic Conservation.

Recognition certificate from the Institute of Museum Services