Finland/Ancient Finland

QUESTION: I'm looking for information on Pre-Christian Finland. I'd like to know more about the people and culture of anyone living there before Sweden took over the region and converted the locals to Christianity. This is for research I'm doing on the Kalevala and the ancient Finnish Gods.

ANSWER: Hi William,

I found this question in my list of pending questions but according to my own memory, I already answered you on this one. But if this is not the case, please write me back and I'll send you the answer again =)

Regards from Evelyn

QUESTION: I checked your previous questions and didn't find it. I knew I tried asking the other Finnish expert, but he just said it was out of his field. If you could update me, I'd appreciate it.

Hi William,

The problem with Finnish mythology is that there are much less sources of written knowledge about it compared with other cultures, which results in dissenting information and uncertainty about facts. But I will look for all information regarding this subject that I can find using the web. Can you send me an e-mail so that I get your address? I have limited characters via Allexperts. My e-mail address is

Thanks! =)

Regards from Evelyn

Evelyn Bagge

I am a native Finn, able to answer almost all kinds of questions related to customs, habits, tradition, tourism, rules and regulations, nightlife, living, habits, culture and much more. I would be happy to help.

Lifelong experience of living in Finland.

BBA in 2008