Finland/Ancient Finland

Question
QUESTION: I'm looking for information on Pre-Christian Finland. I'd like to know more about the people and culture of anyone living there before Sweden took over the region and converted the locals to Christianity. This is for research I'm doing on the Kalevala and the ancient Finnish Gods.

ANSWER: Hi William,

I found this question in my list of pending questions but according to my own memory, I already answered you on this one. But if this is not the case, please write me back and I'll send you the answer again =)

Regards from Evelyn

QUESTION: I checked your previous questions and didn't find it. I knew I tried asking the other Finnish expert, but he just said it was out of his field. If you could update me, I'd appreciate it.

Answer
Hi William,

The problem with Finnish mythology is that there are much less sources of written knowledge about it compared with other cultures, which results in dissenting information and uncertainty about facts. But I will look for all information regarding this subject that I can find using the web. Can you send me an e-mail so that I get your address? I have limited characters via Allexperts. My e-mail address is missfinland@hotmail.com

Thanks! =)

Regards from Evelyn

Finland

Evelyn Bagge