Finland/Help finding a person

Dear Evelyn,

I have a bit of a challenge for you, back in 1987/88 I had a Finnish friend in Sweden where I lived at the time. We lost contact around that time and I am pretty sure she moved back to Finland. I'm at a loss trying to find her.

The only information I have is that her name was Riitta Kurkku (pretty sure on spelling of last name but not 100%) and she was born in 1966 or 1965.

I did a search on and it came up with no-one with that name currently but 6 as former name. She has probably married and changed name.

Are you in a position to help or at least point me in the right direction?

Kind regards

Petur J Petursson

Dear Petur,

You surely gave me a nut to crack! 😊
I telephoned VRK - Population Registry Center and they gave me the same information -
that there is no one in Finland currently with the name Riitta Kurkku. If you would have any
other piece of information like birth date, middle name, former address/street name or home town it would help a lot. But VRK cannot help based on the information provided 😒

Get back to me if u manage to find any other info and I'll give the registry a new call 😊  

Evelyn Bagge

I am a native Finn, able to answer almost all kinds of questions related to customs, habits, tradition, tourism, rules and regulations, nightlife, living, habits, culture and much more. I would be happy to help.

Lifelong experience of living in Finland.

BBA in 2008