Fire & Emergency Careers, And Fire Safety Info/Career paths?

Question
Dear Captain Grove

I am currently earning my Bachelors degree in fire & emergency management. I have been a volunteer FF for 10 years now and I am wanting to pursue this field as a full time career. What level (types) of positions could this degree open up for me within the fire/Safety field?  

Kind regards,
Bob

Answer
Bob:

First of all thank you for choosing me in efforts to get your career going.   No pun intended but "you have all the right stuff"  to propel yourself up the fire department Ladder and through the ranks.   It's up to you to achieve the goals you have set for yourself  Time is your friend.  Don't expect any real advancement right away.  There are others just like you with more time and experience that have been waiting for their opportunity as well   If you could obtain some fire administration classes you could branch out to even more areas.  

Be patient at first.   Be persistent when you are ready to move ahead

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.  

Fire & Emergency Careers, And Fire Safety Info

Captain Mike Grove