Fireplace/Wood stove Fiber Board

Question
Hello,

I recently cleaned my woodstove and the cardboard looking piece on the top of the stove broke. My question is what exactly are they called and what do they do? Will it matter if I operate the woodstove without them. Any advice/info would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

Justin

Answer
Hi Justin,

The boards in question are called baffle boards and they are there to have the fire burn the way the stove is designed to burn. That doesn't necessarily mean the stove won't work without them or at the very least, work if they're cracked, but if they're there, they're there for a reason. See if you can find the brand and, if possible, the model and order new ones.

John.

Fireplace

john