Fireplace/FIREPLACE

Question
Hi. I really don't know where to start so i hope i don't confuse you. I just bought a bungalow. There is a wood burning fireplace in the living which has an insert in it. Down in the basement there are cinder block walls holding up that fireplace. When they built it they made an opening for a second fireplace. The back wall is the concrete basement wall. the two side walls and front wall are cinder block. then there is a 4" concrete pad sitting on these in place of the floor. So now I want to put a wood stove in this space they created with a liner up the third flue which is not being used yet. Do i have to do anything special to the inside of this first. I am finishing the outside with tile and the hearth is already in place.  Thanks for any help.

Answer
Hi Phil. I think I was able to follow you question and as far as the third flue is concerned, as long as it's a clear run to the top of the chimney, there should be no problems. Did you go on top of the chimney yet? Make sure the flue in question hasn't been closed off on top. That happens sometimes. Otherwise, enjoy it.

I hope I was helpful and if you have any other questions, feel free to write back.

-John  

Fireplace

john