First Aid/What should you do if you cut off a small tip of your finger

Steve wrote at 2008-07-21 16:31:00
Hi there, I'm sorry this is a little late but I have an answer for you. It . They probably won't re-attach. I recently (yesterday) cut off my finger with a log splitter and I took off quite a bit more. I promptly went to the ER with my finger wrapped in a paper towel (I had no ice). They said they can't re-attach it. They had to clip the bone and clean it. Anyways, long story short, In my experience they won't re-attach just a little bit.

Marce wrote at 2011-12-30 02:57:24
I did a very similar thing to my right thumb, ten days ago. The thickest part of the removed flesh was about 2mm, and was 15mm long, 4mm wide. It's reattached perfectly already, albeit a little pink still. Everyone I asked said that it would not reattach but hey, I'm not complaining! :)

Xen wrote at 2013-01-10 22:05:52
I sliced the tip of my pinky and i just rinsed it put antibiotics cream and held it together. at first it look a tad purple but then after a week it started to gain its color back. So i kept cleaning it gently without moving as little as possible putting antibiotic cream on it and now one month later a layer of the tip fell off and underneath it heal and it started to look as if nothing had ever happen. Which is shocking to me since it was such a deep wound. anyways this is my experience : )  

First Aid

Robert Bauer NR/CCEMT-P