First Aid/concerning

I have a hospital history of constipation but this time something's off I'm having very extreme pain in my abdomen area I went to a specialist before and did blood work and a stool sample she prescribed me with miralax but it mad the pain 20x worse so i stopped taking it and for some reason they sent me to a nurse and doctor instead of the specialist and my doctor today told me the tests I took came back I suppose to be concern?because the doctors doesn't seem to get the picture that I'm in a lot of pain the pain comes and go and I haven't went to the bathroom(defecating)in 6 day I also feel nausea and vomit sometimes.

Hello Porsher,

I'm not sure exactly what question you're asking me?

If you're not feeling well I would suggest to anyone, if you cant get better with what you have at home it's time to see your doctor (which you have done).

Follow your doctors advice (I would have continued to take Miralax and called my doctor to ask what to do when the pain gets worse).

The nurse and doctor you were sent to (were they at the specialist's office?)

The test that came back "abnormal", what was the test and what are is the normal range? What do the results mean for you?

I would like to answer your question, or explain how certain tests are run or explain your diagnosis yo you but at this point I need some more information and a clear question before I can give you a good answer.

First Aid

Marcus LaBarbera

I am available to answer most questions related to: first aid, pre- hospital medicine, EMT and Paramedic questions, medical transport, critical care transport, ICU/CCU care, sedation, and medicine in general.

I have worked as a NYS Paramedic since 1993 for both community based ambulance companies and large commercial agencies. I Have experience as bike team commander, and shift supervisor for a commercial ambulance. As a member of the Disaster team I was deployed to Louisiana for 20 days following hurricane Katrina. I worked along side the county Haz-Mat team as a "Tox-Medic" with advanced training in treating injuries from chemical agents. Besides my experience on the on the ambulance I have worked in a number of hospital based offices including dialysis and a sleep lab.

I started my EMS career as a NYS CFR (Certified First Responder)in 1989, an EMT in 1991, a Paramedic since 1993, and a CCU transport paramedic since 2005. I currently hold certification as a: NYS Paramedic, Critical Care Transport Paramedic, ACLS/CPR/PALS certified. Advanced Haz-Mat Life Support certified (AHLS). In the past I have taught CPR and ACLS to my coworkers and the local community.