First Aid/bite? infection?

4 days ago
4 days ago  
"I first noticed just a small spot with some pain but not much, the next day it was worse. Now 3 days later the spot has gotten bigger and it is swollen around it with sever pain. The pain feels as if my finger is broken like the bones hurt. It sends random throbbing up to my hand. I've been keeping it clean. I can't bend my finger without crying. If anything touches it, the pain gets real bad. My mom poked a hole in it and tried to pull it apart to get puss out but nothing would come out but blood."

It could be any number of things from an insect bite to a splinter or something similar. The biggest thing is it sounds, and looks as if it is infected. You will need to have it checked out by a doctor. In the mean time keep it clean and dry. I would not recommend trying to clear out any infection that is there yourself.

Hope this helps.  

First Aid

I can answer questions about basic and advanced first aid as well as pre-hospital care. Please note that I do not monitor this 24 hours a day. If it is an emergency call 911 (or the local emergency number for your area).

I have experience volunteering as a medical first responder and working as a summer camp Health & Wellness Director. With both I have a variety of experience dealing with various trauma and medical emergencies. As a paramedic student I am gaining further knowledge and experience in the area.

St. John Ambulance

I am a medical first responder (rough equivalent of EMT_B in the US) and a First Year Paramedic Student