First Aid/bite?

4 days ago
4 days ago  
I first noticed just a small spot with some pain but not Mich, the next day it was worse. Now 3 days later the spot has gotten bigger and it is swollen around it with sever pain. The pain feels as if my finger is broken like the bones hurt. It sends random throbbing up to my hand. I've been keeping it clean. I can't bend my finger without crying. If anything touches it, the pain gets real bad. My mom poked a hole in it and tried to pull it apart to get puss out but nothing would come out but blood.

Hello Emylee,

I'm sorry to hear about your infected finger. I'm not sure what you're asking me about (maybe treatment for this?)A warm water soak would help? an antibiotic cream (such as neosporin or polysporin a couple times a day. I would say if it doesn't get better or gets worse in the next 5 days or you develop a fever it may be a good idea to show this to a doctor in case it's an that requires antibiotics.

I hope you get better soon.

First Aid

Marcus LaBarbera

I am available to answer most questions related to: first aid, pre- hospital medicine, EMT and Paramedic questions, medical transport, critical care transport, ICU/CCU care, sedation, and medicine in general.

I have worked as a NYS Paramedic since 1993 for both community based ambulance companies and large commercial agencies. I Have experience as bike team commander, and shift supervisor for a commercial ambulance. As a member of the Disaster team I was deployed to Louisiana for 20 days following hurricane Katrina. I worked along side the county Haz-Mat team as a "Tox-Medic" with advanced training in treating injuries from chemical agents. Besides my experience on the on the ambulance I have worked in a number of hospital based offices including dialysis and a sleep lab.

I started my EMS career as a NYS CFR (Certified First Responder)in 1989, an EMT in 1991, a Paramedic since 1993, and a CCU transport paramedic since 2005. I currently hold certification as a: NYS Paramedic, Critical Care Transport Paramedic, ACLS/CPR/PALS certified. Advanced Haz-Mat Life Support certified (AHLS). In the past I have taught CPR and ACLS to my coworkers and the local community.