First Aid/Closed Wound with Pus

Question
I have a closed wound with pus I felt pain,and the pus is yellowish white, how can i treat my wound? I'm too afraid to treat it .. Pease HELP me Dave..This is my first time to have a PUS ..

Sincerely,
Sophia

Answer
Hi Sophia;

Not to worry. This is common when minor wounds become infected. First ensure that the wound is kept clean by washing with soap and water. For small cuts/wounds, put a small amount of antibiotic ointment on a bandaid/bandage and cover the wound. Change the bandaid and use more ointment if it becomes dirty. If the wound is large or if the small wound is still producing pus after 2-3 days, follow up with a Doctor.

Hope this helps..

Dave  

First Aid

Dave Hammond