First Aid/Closed Wound with Pus

I have a closed wound with pus I felt pain,and the pus is yellowish white, how can i treat my wound? I'm too afraid to treat it .. Pease HELP me Dave..This is my first time to have a PUS ..

Hi Sophia;

Not to worry. This is common when minor wounds become infected. First ensure that the wound is kept clean by washing with soap and water. For small cuts/wounds, put a small amount of antibiotic ointment on a bandaid/bandage and cover the wound. Change the bandaid and use more ointment if it becomes dirty. If the wound is large or if the small wound is still producing pus after 2-3 days, follow up with a Doctor.

Hope this helps..

First Aid

Dave Hammond

What topics should a first aid kit cover? All aspects of keeping first aid skills and confidence current after training. New training and product technology.

US Navy Medic 1970-1974, Director of Medic training for US Navy, First aid instructor. 35 years in developing new first aid products. Multiple patent holder on new generation of first aid kits.

Compliance Magazine "Ask the experts"

B.A. Eastern New Mexico State, M.Ed George Washington University

2002 Inductee NJ Inventor's Hall of Fame, Receipent of Good Housekeeping Best Buy in first aid kits, IParenting Media Award, Family Review Organziation 5 Star product review.

Fortune 500 companies both US and worldwide along with Federal Government and general consumres