First Aid/battery consumption???

Question
QUESTION: I'm teenager who enjoy drinking alcohol so I got drunk and didn't remember anything until I was told I ate 6 circle batteries they explained it to look like buttons but my stomach is killing me and my throat burn a little and im having stomach cramps,it feels like I can taste the metal battery my stomach feels kind of tight also....so is this something I should be concerned about?

ANSWER: Hello Porsher,

Unfortunately this IS a medical EMERGENCY! you should get to the hospital as soon as possible for treatment for metals poisoning and chemical burns. Here is a flow chart I pulled up to partially illustrate possible treatments.

http://www.poison.org/battery/guideline.asp

Good luck, get better soon.

Marc

QUESTION: Thanks about replying before about the battery ingestion but up until now I've been kinda scared to tell my mother about it is there any other way around this like can it come out with my stool or something?I didn't tell the gastrointestinal doctor either :( its kinda embarrassing finding 6 batteries in a 17 yr old stomach on an xray image because I was drunk

Answer
Hello Porsher,

Your health out-ways any embarrassment you might encounter. A lot of people to stuff a lot worse than this... but you need to get examined, probably a blood test to see what your toxic levels are (mercury, lithium, lead,...) and then they can start treatment to bring those values down. The longer those poisons stay in your body the more damage they will do and the harder it will be to remove them. Please see your doctor as soon as possible, your health depends on it.

Marc

First Aid

Marcus LaBarbera