First Aid/Rabies Fears

Alright, on Friday night I went to a football game. It was at night. I was standing under a fairly large tree waiting for my friend to get his food. Suddenly, I felt a drop of liquid in my mouth, I don't remember if my mouth was open but my mouth is open most of the time for no reason. I didn't give it a second thought, but I once I got home my mind suddenly went to rabies. What if the drop of liquid was saliva from a rabid animal like a bat. Ever since I've been breaking down, I feel stressed and scared. I keep getting flashes of anxiety and I have this weight of sadness. My mouth also feels very dry. There was quite a lot of people and noise, so I didn't really notice anything besides the fact I got a drop of something in my mouth.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for choosing all experts. First, it's normal to have passing concerns like that. However, unless you are in an area heavily populated with animals known for carrying the rabies disease, then the chances of you contracting the disease is trivial. Still, to err on the side of caution, you may want to schedule an appointment with your provider and get a "panel" ran for these and other diseases. The process and test is simple and relatively painless. If this concerns you too heavily, or if you continue to experience anxiety and/or sadness, you may wish to consult a counselor or therapist. Finally, practicing good oral hygiene is always a good  first start. Thank you again for choosing all experts. Good luck and please feel free to reply with any other questions.

First Aid

EMT-B. First Aid Instructor Trainer.

First Aid/EMT/Fire and Rescue and Emergency Managmement training and experience since 2006.

First Aid Instructor Trainer.