First Aid/poisoned?

Question
I fixed my self a cup of tea. I took a sip and later noticed white powder on the cup! I freaked dont know if it was the stevia i used or residual from the dishwasher. If it was residual will i be ok?? What should i do???

Answer
Hello Antonitsa,

Usually detergents like soap need to be in a sufficient quantity to do harm to you. If you had your tea with cream that may actually counter some of the harsh caustic base (if it was dishwasher detergent). I would imagine if you took in enough detergent to harm you you would taste an unusual, bitter taste. It sounds like it either wasn't detergent or it wasn't enough to do any harm.

Stay well,
Marc.

First Aid

Marcus LaBarbera