What to Do on a First Date/Who should ask the other out

Hi my name is Emma I am 13 and I have a little problem. The thing is, is that this guy he nice to me and all but I don't know if it is ok for me to ask him out. I am just that type of girl that over thinks every little thing guys say. The catch is we dated about a year ago and I was the one to dump him because of my friends and what they said. One more catch is we don't go to the same school so I won't see him every day. I asked him if he wanted to hang out sometime and he said yes. So I am going to ask him if he wants to go go cart racing with me this week. And I might ask him out there. If you can help me with this I would be vary thankful. Thank you

Hi Emma, Thanks for your question. Sorry, I just got it so sorry for the delay. Has anything more happened in this situation? I'm kind of old-fashioned so I think the guy should ask the girl out. But I also think that 13 is too young to be dating. I can understand hanging out but as far as one-to-one dating, wait until you are older. Let me know what is happening.

Diane W.

What to Do on a First Date

If you want to have an answer from a FEMALE, I'm available to help!

I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you want to email me, you may do so at and I will answer on my return.

What are some ideas for my first date? I can help you figure out what to do on your first date and other dates. Please give me your age and what kind of location you live in (suburbs, city, country, etc). I have lots of ideas and will be glad to help.

I have counseled and advised young women for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.