Fish/Soft or hard water for my betta fish?

Megan wrote at 2013-04-15 18:18:37
I am wondering did u check the temperature of his water? They like a certain temperature too most people recommend a small heater. I have had better success with a larger glass fish tank and a small fiter and heater than a bowl or 1 gallon acrylic (plastic). 10 gallons is easily divided 3 ways to keep 3 male bett. Fish bowls tend to get toxic fast and the ones I have I have to change every 3 days or so. You could try and add a small sponge filter to the bowl. My breeder friend says they shouldn't be kept in anything under 2 gallons.  

Brit Brit

I can answer your questions about Bettas, most Freshwater Tropical Fish, compatibility between tropical freshwater fish, tips on how to set up a new aquarium, what fish to add, what temperature your tank should be at, etc. I can answer questions about goldfish, and I know a bit about aquarium plants. I can't answer questions concerning anything marine, I know nothing about koi ponds, and even less about Cichlid breeding. So please don't ask. If I am not sure about something, I will try to research it for you and get back to you very quickly. I cannot magically cure your fish over the web, unfortunately, so please remember your fish's health depends solely on you. Also, don't expect a detailed answer if I have not been given a detailed question. I can only do so much! Details, details, details!! (It does state what I need on the Ask A Question Page)

I take care of over 3000 fish daily. I worked at Petsmart for a few years, and have had training in many areas, including aquaria and all the basics to keep fish happy and healthy. I met quite a few experts in the hobby and have learned a lot from them, and they have learned a lot from me :) Also, I have done a lot of research and studying on my own time about not just fish but a lot of different house pets because I like to help people and help their pets.

Petsmart training Adult Diploma