Fish/goldfish blisters

Sab wrote at 2012-07-18 13:12:44
That is a ping pong pearlscale, so technically it isn't overweight, thats just it's shape.  

AB wrote at 2012-11-28 21:40:33
Hi Angela

I'm sorry but I think Ron's answer was very unhelpful.

My fish also has these symptoms and has had for about three weeks.  He is three years old and is definetly not overfed and is well cared for.

Unfortunately I've not been able to find a cure for him yet so if you discovered one please let me know.

And Ron, perhaps in future you should consider whether the swelling of the fish is a sympton rather than just dissing the poor lady !  

Maxchan wrote at 2013-01-15 21:05:48
Hi Ron, it looks like you have no idea what type of fish that's in the picture. That particular fish is called pearl scale (do a google search) and the body is round - kind of like a fat fish and it's born that way.

I have 9 pearl scales, and sometimes they do develop air bubbles on their body - but these bubbles last 1-2 days and it will go away by itself. I did not do any treatment, except daily 100% water change, and it quite effective!

Fish

Ron Coleman