Fish/betta has little white balls just on fins

Question
hello, my crowntail has little white balls just on the ends of his tail lots of them. he is in a regular bowl no filter or anything special, by himself with a little plastic house. about roughly 2 gal. what is it? and what do i need to do to clear it up?

Answer
Hello,
Can you send me a picture? This is necessary for an accurate diagnosis.
I would pretty much put money on it being a common parasite called "ich". If you feel it's urgent, do a 50% water change, add a bubbler, and 2 drops of "noxich" or similar product per day with a 25% water change until it goes away. It should take 1-4 days in my experience.

Fish

Will