Fish/betta has little white balls just on fins

hello, my crowntail has little white balls just on the ends of his tail lots of them. he is in a regular bowl no filter or anything special, by himself with a little plastic house. about roughly 2 gal. what is it? and what do i need to do to clear it up?

Can you send me a picture? This is necessary for an accurate diagnosis.
I would pretty much put money on it being a common parasite called "ich". If you feel it's urgent, do a 50% water change, add a bubbler, and 2 drops of "noxich" or similar product per day with a 25% water change until it goes away. It should take 1-4 days in my experience.

I can answer questions relating to the scientific aspect of the hobby (fish ecology, biology, genetics, etc. ), aquacultural and breeding aspects, and have experience with nearly all "brackish" fish in the trade. I also have lots of experience breeding fish, like angelfish, tetras, cichlids, and various livebearers. I also have lots of experience with many freshwater fish, especially "monster" fish, like stingrays, arowana and Saratoga, cichlids, catfish, etc. Please ask questions about anything except for true saltwater (reef) tanks.

Too much to fully list, but I will never have never enough to satisfy myself.

River Watch of Colorado Monster Fish Keepers USA Canoe/Kayak

Student, but I've been involved in many projects involving aquaculture and fish biology. I'm currently helping design a massive stream improvement project on the St. Vrain river. I am studying fisheries ecology, techniques, hatcheries, and management practices for north american freshwater systems.