I have a 10-12" Leo and was thinking on getting a larger tank since he outgrew his current home. He is the only one in there and I'm thinking of getting more fishes but I don't know what other fish is compatible to it. I had leaches but they died. My daughter want saltwater so she can house sharks. I preferred to freshwater since I already have Leo. I like him. I had Leo since he was ~2". I need advice and hope to get from you.

I'm from Colorado so I'm not sure about this, but I believe sharks are illegal in CA, even thought hey are commonly sold. Also, if a plco outgrew the tank, it's too small for sharks. Sorry to be frank, but it's for the best.

You might enjoy some new world/south american cichlids. they're beautiful and fascinating fish with awesome personality.
Why don't you and your daughter find a book or online photo gallery and let me know what looks good to you, and I'll point you in the right direction from there.

I can answer questions relating to the scientific aspect of the hobby (fish ecology, biology, genetics, etc. ), aquacultural and breeding aspects, and have experience with nearly all "brackish" fish in the trade. I also have lots of experience breeding fish, like angelfish, tetras, cichlids, and various livebearers. I also have lots of experience with many freshwater fish, especially "monster" fish, like stingrays, arowana and Saratoga, cichlids, catfish, etc. Please ask questions about anything except for true saltwater (reef) tanks.

Too much to fully list, but I will never have never enough to satisfy myself.

River Watch of Colorado Monster Fish Keepers USA Canoe/Kayak

Student, but I've been involved in many projects involving aquaculture and fish biology. I'm currently helping design a massive stream improvement project on the St. Vrain river. I am studying fisheries ecology, techniques, hatcheries, and management practices for north american freshwater systems.