Fish/swollen stomach of a simese fighter

Hello..I have a Siamese fighter for the past year,recently the tummy has blown up the size of a marble.It stays at the bottom and hardly swims these days unless I hit the bowl,it is in a fish bowl with no other fish..please advise what I could do about it

The first thing is to get him out of the bowl. He cannot survive in that. He also needs a heater set at 82 degrees at all times and there are no heaters that work in bowls. Fast him for 2 days and on the third day feed him a cooked shelled pea and then fast again for 2 days. It sounds like he is constipated and this should fix him up for you.

Jaymie Johnson

I have 30+ years experience in freshwater aquariums, including the 23 years I was in the Marine Corps. I am very knowledgeable in fresh water aquariums and can answer any question regarding them. Currently I am breeding Betta's and can answer any question that pertains to them. I am very knowledgeable in the cycling of an aquarium from start to finish. I know all about filters, and currently make my own. If I do not know the answer to your question, I will research it and give you the information that I find. I am also knowledgeable in freshwater diseases and can tell you what needs to be done to treat them.FYI......I am male not female. Don't let the name fool ya. lol

I have had aquariums all my life and have had many different types of fish.

The only education I have is from both raising the fish and reading everything I can find about them.