Fish/Did my Molly Fish have eggs???

Question
QUESTION: I have 2 molly fish and I was looking in my tank and I saw a milky white substance with black dots... Did my Molly have eggs?

I have been researching it and it says that Mollies can not have eggs.

Thank You,
Kyleigh

ANSWER: Hi Kyleigh,
  Mollies are livebearers, so they cannot lay eggs.  Do you have any snails in your tank?  Snail eggs could look like what you have described.

-- Ron C.
  rcoleman@csus.edu
  Cichlid Research Home Page <http://cichlidresearch.com>

QUESTION: I do not have snails... I found another set of those earlier today.
I had one of my Mollies die this morning.
Thank You For Your Time,
Kyleigh

ANSWER: Hi Kyleigh,
  Do you have any catfish in the tank?

-- Ron C.
   rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com

QUESTION: I only have 1 molly... that is all.
Over the last week or so I find more each day.
Thank You,
Kyleigh

Answer
Hi Kyleigh,
  I strongly suspect that you have some snails in there someplace.  Certain species of snails can be very hard to see/find, particularly if you have any live plants.

-- Ron C.
  rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com

Fish

Ron Coleman