Fish/13 yr. old irridecnt black shark

I just inherited a 75 gallon tank and a thirteen year old fish.  The previous owner told me that he does a 50% water change and only adds melafix to the tank from tap water.  Is that enough to condition the water?  I already replace the water but am scared that the melafix is not enough to take care of the chlorine in the water i live in a town that uses well water.

Well water is known to cause algae in the tank. Melafix is a medicine not a water conditioner buy some proper water conditioner.

The Iridescent Shark is more then likely stunted. They get 4 feet in length and need a 1000-2000 gallon aquarium with triple filtration.  

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.