Fish/african cichlids

Can you suggest a good combination of Lake Malawi fish for my 100 gal tank? Nothing to aggressive but with nice color.  Is it true that haps and peacocks are the best choice? Please include the quanity for each selection.

There are thousands of possibilities. The important thing is that you stick to picking either a few (3 or 4 max) or commit to loading the tank (20-25) or you'll have aggression issues no matter what. In my experience, you cannot go wrong with peacocks. I would load the tank as best you can with male, female, female trios, keep it a species tank, and enjoy the incredible breeding behaviors. You can add others, but I've enjoyed the cichlid species tanks so much personally I'm reluctant to start digging around for more ideas. LEt me know if this doesn't satisfy you, and remember, you'll be happiest with the tank you design yourself.

I can answer questions relating to the scientific aspect of the hobby (fish ecology, biology, genetics, etc. ), aquacultural and breeding aspects, and have experience with nearly all "brackish" fish in the trade. I also have lots of experience breeding fish, like angelfish, tetras, cichlids, and various livebearers. I also have lots of experience with many freshwater fish, especially "monster" fish, like stingrays, arowana and Saratoga, cichlids, catfish, etc. Please ask questions about anything except for true saltwater (reef) tanks.

Too much to fully list, but I will never have never enough to satisfy myself.

River Watch of Colorado Monster Fish Keepers USA Canoe/Kayak

Student, but I've been involved in many projects involving aquaculture and fish biology. I'm currently helping design a massive stream improvement project on the St. Vrain river. I am studying fisheries ecology, techniques, hatcheries, and management practices for north american freshwater systems.