Fish/Molly's

Question
Hi,,have my tank up and running for 4 months now with angle fish guppies Molly sucking loaches.. Think there are a few guppies pregnant and a Molly that's has the male guppy following her every where why?? Also when is it best time to put females in breeding tank??,,thanks Liz x

Answer
Hi Liz,
  The male guppy is following the molly because he is a MALE guppy and will try to mate with anything that moves (or doesn't).  I would put the female mollies in a breeding tank as soon as they start to look really fat (I realize that is a judgement call, but it is hard to describe, and you will gain knowledge about this with experience).

-- Ron Coleman
   rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com
   Cichlid Research Home Page <http://cichlidresearch.com>

Fish

Ron Coleman