I have a tank with two red jewels in it and there are other fish in the tank to.The red jewels had babies should I take them out and put them in a tank alone or do I put the parents with them or just leave them.

Since there are other fish that can potentionally eat them and seeing that cichlids protect their babies with a fierce territoriality I would seperate them so your other fish do not get attacked. You will need a floating breeder box for now but later on you will need a 10 gallon Cycled,  heated and filtered that is preferably sponge filtration so they are not affected from current nor do they get sucked up. They need to be fed micro foods that are of a high protein value. Freshly hatched brineshrimp is the best option or you can try frozen. Hikari First Bites is a reliable micro foods product that has all the nutrition that fry need.

Good luck

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.