Fish/betta fish

Question
the water
the water  
i just got a new tank from the thrift store and i socked it in bleach but my fish dose not look happy.help. every other day i change the water and i don't over feed them but the water just gets really dirty really fast here is a pic .:(((((((((((((((((((((((((HELP PLEASE::::::::::::::::::::::::::(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Answer
Hello Nuala, Whenever you have a small fishbowl like that the water will get dirty very quickly. Pet stores have to change water for that size container on a daily basis. Make sure that if you bleached the aquarium that you cleaned ALL of it off. Even a small dosage of bleach can kill your fish. The other thing I would caution you about is the size of the aquarium you are using. It is a common misconception that bettas can be housed in small aquariums.  I have heard of them surviving in small containers for long periods of time but in reality, you should have a minimum of a ten gallon tank for them. They have an area of about 3 square feet in the wild that makes up a typical male's territory. If you want to do less water changes I would recommend upgrading to a 10 gallon tank for them with a filter that runs all day. That way you would only have to do water changes about once every two weeks depending on how many fish you put in the tank.

Fish

Jordan Gobely