Fish/fish not eating

Question
I have had 7 male mollies for 4 months in a 40 ltr tank, I do a 20% water change fortnightly ( last one 5 days ago) one of them is not eating and is hiding,I can't see anything physically wrong with him, another one in particular keeps chasing him, what do you think the problem is? Could he just be having an off day? Thanks.

Answer
Hello Linda, Do you have any female mollies with the males? or do you just strictly have males? Male fish of any species can sometimes bully each other around. The odds are you have a male molly that is the least dominant in the tank and that is causing him to hide. The others may be harassing him that would cause an issue. I would say that you could add a few more hiding places with either live or fake plants. That should help your problem. As far as not eating, he will eat when he gets hungry unless there is a problem internally with him but I do not think so. Does he hang around the filter or in the corner of the tank at all?

Fish

Jordan Gobely