Fish/What to choose

Hello there I have a 4ft tank and I have 2 discuss in it. It is very dull so I want to know what fish are colourful that will go well with them. Many thanks Wesley

Hi Wesley

Discus are best in a tank to themselves. There are many colorful plants you could add to beautify the tank. If you really would rather have fish, the best bet is a German Blue Ram. However, just like the Discus, the Ram needs perfect water conditions. Make sure you have adequate filtration, and do 30% water changes every week.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Richard Hight

I own and maintain several freshwater aquariums from 2 to 180 gallon. I can answer most questions about freshwater aquariums, including setup, cycling, maintenance, compatible tank mates, feeding. Moving? I've moved fish both across town and across the country and can help you get your little aquatic friends to their new home safely. I know and have experience with most freshwater community fish, South American Cichlids and African Cichlids. I don't answer questions about Goldfish or keeping Goldfish with Tropical Fish. I also don't answer questions about keeping crustaceans (shrimp, snails, crabs etc) with Tropical Fish, nor questions about saltwater fish or aquariums. I'm not available to answer questions on weekends, this is when I do maintenance on my own tanks.

Many years of personal experience with fish and aquariums

HSG 2010-2011 prof