Fish/Dalmatian Molly with red spots

Question
QUESTION: I bought a Dalmatian Molly today. When I got home I noticed it has a few red spots on it. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

ANSWER: They are ammonia burns.

Do you have a fully cycled aquarium? Cycling takes 6-8 weeks.

Mollies need a 25 gallon aquarium make sure you have an appropriate tank size.

QUESTION: It's a new aquarium. It was set up for 2 1/2 weeks before I added the fish. I'm rather worried though, it's resting on the bottom of the tank and isn't active. Is there anything I should do?

Answer
Yeah normally it takes 6-8 weeks to cycle a tank and you have to do it with a source of ammonia and a source of starting nitrifying bacteria.

The resting on the bottom is lethargy, it might as well pass away soon, so I would return it if you can and cycle the tank fully before adding anymore fish.

Fish

Ash WolFF