I have a molly fish in my aquarium and when we got her she was fat. Well today she is skinny and there is a snail in the tank all of a sudden. Is it possible that she might have pooped it out?!

Not physically possibly.

Mollies are livebearers meaning they give live birth. They can hold a male's sperm packet for up to several months at a time meaning they do not need a male to breed. They get pregnant often and give birth to 0-70 fry. It more then likely gave birth and ate its children or other tankmates did.

Snails are often found travelling on plants so if you have any live plants it may very well have gotten from there. If it is a Ramshorn snail they are pest snails and will quickly appear all over the aquarium. I suggest taking care of the small problem quickly before it overruns.

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.