Fish/Fish

Question
How do u tell if a jack demsey is pregnant? I have a 55 gallon tank with a male and a female that has had baby's befor but I don't know how to tell if she is or not.

Answer
Hello,
As you probably know, they're egg layers. The female will appear quite fat for extended periods of time, and the male will become vibrantly colored and exhibit unique spawning behavior. The best indicator is if they start building and guarding a nest in the sand. Some increased aggression is normal too. Let me know if you need anything else.

Fish

Will