Fish/Kribensis

Question
I have not seen my female kribensis in 6 days now.  The pair found a cave in a fake peice of driftwood with hole in the bottom.  They discovered they could swim in it.  They looked like they were getting ready to breed.  Shaking at eachother, very colorful.  Now the male stays outside the cave and acts normal.  I just worried about the female.  Is it normal to be in her cave for 6+ days and not even come out for food or do you think she's dead?  I was hoping she was with her eggs in there but I'm starting to think she's a no longer with us.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Justin,
  Not only is that normal, that is a great sign.  I suspect you will see her in a couple of days with a little school of the cutest baby fish you have ever seen. Let me know what happens.

-- Ron Coleman
  rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com
  Cichlid Research Home Page <http://cichlidresearch.com>

Fish

Ron Coleman