It is me again we recently discussed my tiger oscar that i lost. Im going to take your advice and clean the tank thoroughly and arm myself with medications. I was considering a small jack dempsey chiclid, and i was wondering if you could explain how to keep a healthy fish. I also was wondering if it would be harder to care for than an oscar.

I am afraid that a Jack Dempsey would get too large for the 30 gallon. It really needs 55 gallons. If you are interested in Cichlids check out Rams, Labs, Apistos, Kribs and Keyhole cichlids who all breed readily and would be appropriate for a 30 gallon.

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.