Fish/tiger oscars

ThiS is kind of an urgent question. My tiger oscar is very pale with foggy eyes and a weird substance is floating on him it looks like a spider web ive done 35-40percent water changes twice now yielding no results he also will not eat. Please help me!

He might have ich or a fungus growing on him. Pictures would be preferred but you can identify easily using Google images and typing in "Cotton growth on fish".

Fungus is normally caused by poor water quality or an immediate fluctuation in temperature, PH crash or other.

Would you mind telling me what tank size it is in as this will help me give you give him medication to clear this up.

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.