Fish/disappearing fish

I have a 45 gallon aquarium and have been working slowly to fill it. My efforts have been dashed, however, as my fish have been disappearing. I started out with quite a few from petsmart but one by one, they died. What I had left had been living together peacefully since December. I had a large pleco, a cory catfish, 2 tiger barbs, a fairly large dalmation molly and a large kissing gourami. Last week I realized the gourami was dying. Upon further investigation, I saw it no longer had a tail fin. I left it in the tank and in the morning its eyes and some of its body had been consumed. Sad day. Then yesterday morning I couldn't find my molly. It had disappeared. Then this morning the smaller of my 2 tiger barbs was gone. All that's left is my pleco, catfish and tiger barb. Who's eating my fish?!

Tiger Barb. Tiger barbs are very aggressive and should be housed in a species only tank. They'll kill fish without a proper school of at least 8+. They are not meant for community tanks.

Common Pleco's need a 100+ tank.
Kissing Gourami need 75g.
Cory Catfish need 6+ schools.
Tiger Barbs need 8+ schools.
Mollies need 3+ groups.

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.