Fish/algae in a fish tank

Algae growing in a fish tank is good for them? how?  do Fishes  like/eat them?

Algae comes if your tank is near to sunlight, you have the tank lights on for too long, or you have a light that is too strong for a small tank. Some fish will eat algae like Gourami and Redtail/Rainbow sharks nibble but species of Pleco's prefer only some types of Algaes. Oto's and Shrimp need algae to eat.

Also Algae adds oxygen to the water as all plants do.

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.