Fish/Deciding on what fish to get

Hello. I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank I have set up. I haven't gotten any fish yet because I'm not sure what I want to get. I want fish that get about 5-6 inches big are colorful, some blue, orange, red, and other good colors to look at. I would also like to get a catfish to put in the tank. What fish would you recommend? I also have a turtle in the tank but he has never gone after fish. Thanks

What turtle do you have? Some turtles get too big even for that tank size. Also since the turtle has land the tank is half the size of a 75 gallon. I wouldn't put any fish with a turtle due to the high amount of waste a turtle produces it would be unhealthy for the fish.

- Ash

Ash WolFF

My knowledge of fish ranges from freshwater and saltwater fish compatibility and care from easy livebearers to monster fish. I can help you set up a simple freshwater aquarium to a complicated reef tank. I would be pleased to assist anyone who is new to the aquarium hobby.

I have been in the aquarium hobby for eight years mostly dealing with large and small aquariums. I keep mostly monster fish (Arowana's, Large Cichlids; Oscars, and freshwater/saltwater eels specifically) but now that I am in college I am keeping a 30 gallon tropical community and a 45 gallon brackish aquarium while my father tends to the big monsters I left behind.

I'm on YouTube! My 30 gallon community posts are the only ones that are up so far. My Brackish tank is next! I'm on Yahoo Answers:

I am currently in college aiming for a job in Marine Biology.