Fish/breeding cichlids

Question
Hi, I have a 2-2.5 inch female red terror cichlid and a 3-4 inch male texas cichlid and I was wondering if they could cross breed? They kill anything I put in the tank with them and theyre the only 2 fish I have had get a long in my tank. They act like theyre a pair.

Answer
Hi Ryan,
  Unfortunately if they do not have a proper mate, many Central and South American cichlids will try to mate with a partner of a different species. Sometimes it works but I STRONGLY discourage you from allowing this to happen.  Creating hybrids is a huge problem in the hobby and no one will want them. It is severely frowned upon.

-- Ron Coleman
  rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com
  Cichlid Research Home Page <http://cichlidresearch.com>

Fish

Ron Coleman