Fish/How often should all water be changed?

I will be on vacation for two weeks.  I have a one and a two gallon goldfish bowl.  I will give my fancy guppy to someone to take care of.  It won't have a filter or an air stone.  I have kept fish in bowls like that temporarily before.

How often should all the water be changed in the one gallon bowl?  What about in the two gallon bowl?  I am trying to decide which bowl to give the guy so he doesn't have to change the water as much and work as hard, but he'll need to change the water as much as needed.  Thanks.

Honestly, a guppy should be fine with no water changes. the safest thing you can to for a bowl in this situation would be a 10% change every day. it should take about 5 minutes.

use the 2 gallon bowl. more water means toxins will be more diluted and less of an issue.

I can answer questions relating to the scientific aspect of the hobby (fish ecology, biology, genetics, etc. ), aquacultural and breeding aspects, and have experience with nearly all "brackish" fish in the trade. I also have lots of experience breeding fish, like angelfish, tetras, cichlids, and various livebearers. I also have lots of experience with many freshwater fish, especially "monster" fish, like stingrays, arowana and Saratoga, cichlids, catfish, etc. Please ask questions about anything except for true saltwater (reef) tanks.

Too much to fully list, but I will never have never enough to satisfy myself.

River Watch of Colorado Monster Fish Keepers USA Canoe/Kayak

Student, but I've been involved in many projects involving aquaculture and fish biology. I'm currently helping design a massive stream improvement project on the St. Vrain river. I am studying fisheries ecology, techniques, hatcheries, and management practices for north american freshwater systems.