Fish/Can't figure out the fish I caught

Question
Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  
Hello,

All my years I've been fishing in schoharie creek and have always caught small mouth bass and walleye, but now this year there is a silvery looking fish in there. I attached a photo and want to know if you could identify it for me. I can put my thumb in its lip because there are no teeth there like a regular bass. Thank you for your time

Mike Taggart

Answer
Grass Carp
Grass Carp  
Hello,
That's a grass carp. I will try to attach a photo.

They and their cousins (common carp) are often likened to freshwater bonefish because of their similar fishing and fighting style. I was out fishing for common carp last night and used only saltwater bonefish equipment with great success.

FYI- this is NOT my photo. I found it on Google.

Fish

Will