Fish/Can't figure out the fish I caught

Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  

All my years I've been fishing in schoharie creek and have always caught small mouth bass and walleye, but now this year there is a silvery looking fish in there. I attached a photo and want to know if you could identify it for me. I can put my thumb in its lip because there are no teeth there like a regular bass. Thank you for your time

Mike Taggart

Grass Carp
Grass Carp  
That's a grass carp. I will try to attach a photo.

They and their cousins (common carp) are often likened to freshwater bonefish because of their similar fishing and fighting style. I was out fishing for common carp last night and used only saltwater bonefish equipment with great success.

FYI- this is NOT my photo. I found it on Google.

I can answer questions relating to the scientific aspect of the hobby (fish ecology, biology, genetics, etc. ), aquacultural and breeding aspects, and have experience with nearly all "brackish" fish in the trade. I also have lots of experience breeding fish, like angelfish, tetras, cichlids, and various livebearers. I also have lots of experience with many freshwater fish, especially "monster" fish, like stingrays, arowana and Saratoga, cichlids, catfish, etc. Please ask questions about anything except for true saltwater (reef) tanks.

Too much to fully list, but I will never have never enough to satisfy myself.

River Watch of Colorado Monster Fish Keepers USA Canoe/Kayak

Student, but I've been involved in many projects involving aquaculture and fish biology. I'm currently helping design a massive stream improvement project on the St. Vrain river. I am studying fisheries ecology, techniques, hatcheries, and management practices for north american freshwater systems.